RcppEnsmallen package brings to R a Header-Only C++ Mathematical
Optimization Library for Armadillo.
In particular, Ensmallen is a
templated C++ mathematical optimization library (by the MLPACK team) that provides a simple set of abstractions for writing an
objective function to optimize.
Coming in right after the Fourth of July, we have the second minor release from Ensmallen Development Team. This release contains work done by Nanubala Gnana Sai, who worked extensively on a framework for Multiobjective Optimizers during Google Summer of Code 2021. Sai added MOEA-D/DE Optimizer, ZDT Test Suite, and a lot of foundational changes to support multiobjective optimizers.
As nod to his large contribution, Sai was given the task of releasing the latest version. Part of releasing a new version of an mlpack package is coming up with a creative code name for the release. He settled upon “Pachis Din Me Pesa Double,” which translates to “Money doubled in 25 days”. He chose the name to mirror a famous dialogue scene in the movie “Fir Hera Pheri”. Given the brief time Sai has worked on this project and his thoughts for future work I’m sure he will go on to do some amazing things!
For a full list of changes and more details about Sai’s contributions, please see the news entry for the package update below.
RcppEnsmallen news file entry for version v0.2.17.0.1 (2021-07-06)
- Upgraded to ensmallen 2.17.0: “Pachis Din Me Pesa Double” (2021-07-06)
- CheckArbitraryFunctionTypeAPI extended for MOO support (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/283).
- Refactor NSGA2 (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/263, https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/304).
- Add Indicators for Multiobjective optimizers (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/285).
- Make Callback flexible for MultiObjective Optimizers (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/289).
- Add ZDT Test Suite (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/273).
- Add MOEA-D/DE Optimizer (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/269).
- Introduce Policy Methods for MOEA/D-DE (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/293).
- Add Das-Dennis weight initialization method (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/295).
- Add Dirichlet Weight Initialization (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/296).
- Improved installation and compilation instructions (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/300).
- Disable building the tests by default for faster installation (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/303).
- Modify matrix initialisation to take into account default element zeroing in Armadillo 10.5 (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/305).
- Upgraded to ensmallen 2.16.2: “Severely Dented Can Of Polyurethane” (2021-03-25)
- Fix CNE test trials (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/267).
- Update Catch2 to 2.13.4 (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/268).
- Fix typos in documentation (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/270, https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/271).
- Add clarifying comments in problems/ implementations (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/276).
AdamSchafferFunctionN2Testtest from Adam test suite to prevent spurious issue on some aarch64 (https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen/pull/259).